Call for Abstracts/Papers
With regards to “Important Dates” as follows, authors are invited to submit an extended abstract OR a full paper via the conference website:
The abstract should clearly indicate the existing results of research and applications related to the themes of the conference.
|1 December, 2011||Abstract/Paper submission deadline|
|20 April, 2012||Notification of acceptance|
|20 April, 2012, 12:00noon (HK Time )||Close of early registration|
Instructions to Authors
Click here to download the instructions to authors.
IMPORTANT: This year’s requirements to submission are very different from those of last year. Please do carefully read the instructions as follows:
- Authors can choose to submit either extended abstract or full paper, but not both.
- The author(s) of an extended abstract will be notified if the abstract is accepted to be presented at the Conference.
- The author(s) of a full paper will be notified if the paper is accepted to be presented at the Conference, and if the paper is selected to be included in the EI-indexed Conference Proceedings published by IEEE GRSS. This year we will limit the volume of the proceedings and only include those high-quality papers.
- All abstracts and full papers accepted to be presented at the Conference will be included in the CD published by the Conference Organizers and will be distributed to all participants of the Conference.
- For a full paper that is selected to be published by the IEEE proceedings, the Conference Organizers will charge a publication fee of US$150. The fee will be used to cover the cost in managing, reviewing, and compiling the submissions for the proceedings. The authors will be notified about this fee in the paper acceptance notification. All the other submissions are free.
- The length of an extended abstract is 800 – 1000 words in English. It is basically a shortened full paper and contains all major information about the research, particularly the methodology, results, and conclusion. Please use the template of extended abstract to prepare your submission of this type.
- A full paper must strictly follow the format requirements of IEEE. Please use the template of full paper or an example of full paper to prepare your full paper submission. The length of a full paper is 4-6 pages. It is also highly recommended that the paper be proofread by an experienced English editor. Papers that do not meet the format and language requirements will not be further reviewed for content.
- The deadline of submission is December 1, 2011. This deadline applies to both extended abstract and full paper.
- If the authors whose papers have been selected for the IEEE proceedings are not able to attend the Conference, they must notify the Conference Organizers 4 weeks before the Conference. Papers of the authors who fail to do so will be withdrawn from the proceedings, and the publication fee will not be refunded.